Deep Griha's Youth Empowerment project provides opportunities for young people living in the marginalised communities of Pune.
The objective is to challenge feelings of helplessness and frustration that can lead to negative behavioural patterns, and to encourage positive thinking and actions through creativity.
The main projects we operate in the Youth Empowerment programme include:
- The Yuva Sphurti Kendra IT School, located at Tadiwala Road and is open to young men and women aged 18-30.
- Deep Griha's Integrated Youth Resource and Activity Centre (DIYA), opened in Ramtekdi in July 2008 for young people aged 14-25.
- The Girl Child Programme gives special attention to girls, holding 2-3 day seminars four times a year, covering topics such as sex education (incorporating family planning), health and hygiene, family relationships and the role of the mother-in-law.
- Youth Development Programmes, targetted at youths aged 12 to 18 to increase self-confidence and future prospects through short seminars and courses.
We also offer services to older students who have discontinued school past the 7th standard. The objective is to help them gain practical training, enabling them to find employment and earn a regular income.
- Referrals to Technical Training Institutes
- Assistance in obtaining a driving licence
- Vocational training classes held at the Family Welfare Centre