The Aadhar Kendra Child Sponsorship Programme aims at shaping a positive future for children from the marginalised community who cannot afford the basic necessities of life. While Deep Griha reaches out to many children within the community; we have identified a particularly vulnerable group: those children who have lost one or both parents. Although many orphaned children are taken in by extended families, the extra burden on family resources means that they are often required to work, cutting short their childhood. The programme wants to provide their children with the best possible start to their life. In an increasingly globalised world, quality education has become vital for children to be able to progress. Therefore, the cost of sponsoring a child for a year is Rs 16,000 which would ensure an opportunity to atleast one child at a better life.
Each child in our sponsorship programme receives:
- One balanced, nutrition-rich meal a day
- Education materials, including books, stationary, school bags and uniforms
- Clothes and shoes
- Professional counselling services
- Medical care: regular check-ups, and treatment when required
- Extra tuition to support school work
- Fees for any addition educational courses in which the child wishes to enrol
- Extra-curricular activities: group outings, including plays, picnics and educational trips
- Family assistance for unexpected events (for example family illness, damage to the home)
- Recreational and fun events are arranged for them on occasions such as a birthday party and games days
- Transportation to and from school
- Festive parties are planned to celebrate popular festivals
- Monthly awareness programs on various topics such as health, hygiene, different forms of abuse and more
Through the programme, you can sponsor a child and be a part of their journey in lighting up a bright future for themselves. Deep Griha encourages an interactive relationship between the sponsor and the child. The following measures are taken to ensure that such a relationship is maintained:
- Exchange of letters: this is a good way for both the sponsor and the child to learn about each other and keep in touch. Letters are translated if needed.
- Sponsors receive an annual academic progress report, as well as an end-of-year update on the child’s general development and well being.
- Sponsors can meet their children when convenient for both.
- Hand-made cards are sent to the sponsors by the children on particular festival
Please contact +91 8600111579 for more information about the programme.
Impact: Since the inception in 1989, 908 children have been enrolled in the programme.